- Type of event: online
- Date: 20 and 24 February and 3, 11, 20 and 26 March
- Time: 11 am – 12 noon or 2 pm – 3 pm (date dependant)
- Location: Zoom, link available after booking
- Meeting point: n/a
- Cost: free, donations welcome
- Booking instructions: book online
A survivor from a time when Bristol was a busy industrial port, Underfall Yard is a working boat yard and docks maintenance facility that has been in continual use since the 1880s. Join them for a free virtual tour of the site to explore the yard’s unique collection of Victorian buildings set in a stunning location on Bristol’s Harbourside. You will discover the elegant Georgian engineering that created the Floating Harbour and continues to perform an essential (and largely hidden) role in water management and flood prevention. A highlight of the tour is experiencing the yard’s Victorian machines in action to see how things were done in the days before computers and 3D printing and experience the heavy engineering that once powered Bristol.